Emergency Service Vehicles
All vehicles that have an Emergency Service Vehicle tax class are exempt from paying a charge to use the Portsmouth CAZ. This includes:
- Ambulances (including veterinary ambulances)
- Fire Engines
- Fire Service vehicles
- Police vehicles
- Mine Rescue vehicles
- Lifeboat Haulage vehicles
- Lighthouse Authority vehicles
If your emergency service vehicle is not listed, but you think it may be eligible for this exemption, please contact us.
You’ll need to provide the following pieces of evidence to support your application:
- Vehicle list from an Emergency Service Fleet manager, to be updated at least yearly (details in the Exemption Approvals Email)
- V5 document (if the vehicle is not in an Emergency Service Vehicle tax class)
Volunteer vehicles that support the emergency services are also eligible to apply. You’ll need to supply a V5 document, as well as a request from the relevant emergency service on headed paper as your evidence.